The best thing about forklift batteries is that you can recharge them and use them continuously over the course of several years. When it comes time to actually charging your batteries, however, you might not realize just how important the type of charger is to the overall performance and quality of your battery. If you haven’t had much experience with different battery charging products that are currently on the market, you’re probably unsure of which industrial battery chargers in Jefferson, WI are best for your needs. Thankfully, there are several guidelines you can follow to help you determine which options are right for you:
- Capacity: When you are looking for a new charger, you will need to consider the capacity of the charger in relation to your battery and your electrical supply. Make sure that the electrical outputs in your business or facility are capable of supporting the operational and startup electrical demand of a given charger.
- Cost: Just like with any product, the cost of industrial battery chargers in Jefferson, WI can vary widely. In addition to the cost of the charger itself, you will have to factor in the cost of connector cables, which are typically sold separately. Although cost will undoubtedly play a role in your purchasing decision, avoid searching for the cheapest choice and automatically going with that. Instead, prioritize the value that you get from a charger.
- Supplier: Choosing a charger from the same supplier who manufactured your battery is a good idea. Products from the same supplier tend to be more compatible and may offer better performance and longevity. If you are looking at chargers from a different supplier, make sure to confirm that they are compatible with the battery that you have before buying.
- Cables: When you purchase cables to connect your charger to your forklift, make sure that you pay close attention to length. It’s worth it to take a physical measurement of the distance that your cables will have to cover so that you don’t have to worry about buying cables that are too short for your particular needs.
- Automatic features: Look for battery chargers that have helpful features like an automatic shutoff after full charge or a temperature detector that will stop charging the battery if it overheats. These features can be well worth a higher cost since they will protect your battery and prevent problems with performance and capacity.
If you’d like professional assistance with finding the right industrial battery chargers in Jefferson, WI, simply call Remis Power Systems Inc. We are a family-owned and operated supplier of industrial batteries with decades of experience. In addition to our extensive inventory of quality products, we also strive to provide our customers with the best service possible. You can browse our inventory of products and shop online or give us a call to find out more about everything that we have to offer. We would be more than happy to help you find exactly what you need to get the best performance possible from your industrial equipment.
Categorised in: Industrial Battery Chargers
This post was written by Writer