Summer is just about here, meaning it’s time for you to hit the links once again (after you’ve gotten your swing back in shape at the driving range, of course). At Remis Power Systems Inc., we are proud to be a Columbia ParCar golf cart dealer, and also offer service on all Columbia ParCar products. If you own a golf cart, or run a golf course and want to make sure your carts are all in great condition for the start of the summer, now’s the time to schedule your routine Columbia ParCar maintenance in Jefferson, WI.
Here are just a few of the most important maintenance steps you can take with your Columbia ParCar golf carts:
- Change oil and check for leaks: Changing the oil is important for any type of vehicle, but you should also always keep an eye out for signs of oil leaks. The rear differential at the back of the cart will indicate signs of excessive oil or debris, and if you do start to notice these signs, it could be that you have an oil leak, which is something you should seek to repair immediately.
- Check the brakes: Brakes should be serviced at least once a year, and right at the beginning of the heaviest golfing season of the year is absolutely the best time to do it. You should check the brake pads, drums, pedals and cables for signs of wear and tear, clean them off and replace them as needed so you don’t have to worry about brake safety during the summer.
- Fill up the tires: Keep the tires at the proper level of air pressure—this will prevent uneven wear and keep the tires in good condition all season long. It also helps the machine to run more efficiently—tires that are inflated to their proper level can contribute to stronger fuel efficiency.
- Charge the batteries: As a general rule, it’s a good idea to charge the golf cart battery after each use. Keep those batteries fully charged as much as possible throughout your busy season, both for your convenience and for the sake of the batteries’ condition.
- Clean the batteries: Check the batteries for any signs of corrosion or dirt and clean it off as needed. While you’re doing this, make sure all your connections are appropriately tight. Batteries can be cleaned with mixtures of baking soda and water.
- Fill the cells: Check the battery cells to make sure your electrolyte solutions are at the proper levels. You may need to add in some water occasionally, depending on how often you use the golf cart. Just make sure you’re not overfilling. The lead plates in the batteries should not be completely submerged in the solution. Only use distilled water when filling up the batteries. If you overfill the cells, there’s a chance you could have an overflow, which could cause significant damage.
For more information about the steps you should take for Columbia ParCar maintenance in Jefferson, WI, contact Remis Power Systems Inc. today.
Categorised in: Columbia ParCar Maintenance
This post was written by Writer