How to Choose the Right Forklift for Your BusinessJuly 28, 2021 2:27 pm Leave your thoughts
Although they might look similar to the untrained eye, all forklifts aren’t created equal. The best forklift for your business might not be right for the company next door. Fortunately, identifying the forklift you need doesn’t have to be all that difficult—you just need to know what you’re looking for.
Continue reading to learn a little bit more about the six different types of units and how to decide which one you need:
- Industrial counterbalance forklift: Also known as a warehouse truck, the industrial counterbalance forklift is the most recognizable type of forklift. These units are weighted in the back to handle large loads and have three wheels to help them maneuver in small circles.
- Industrial reach forklift: Warehouse trucks are great for most businesses, but if you need to reach high spaces, you’ll want to have at least one industrial reach forklift in your arsenal. These machines also have three wheels for easy maneuvering but are equipped with long arms to get items on the top shelves.
- Industrial side–loader forklift: Unlike the two machines mentioned above, side-loader forklifts have forks on the side instead of the front. Side-loaders are perfect for narrow aisles where a warehouse truck won’t fit. So if your warehouse isn’t very big, we recommend these when you’re choosing the right forklift.
- Telescopic/telehandler forklift: A telescopic/telehandler forklift looks more like a small crane than a traditional forklift. These units are even better than industrial reach forklifts for reaching high spaces. Plus, they’re built for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Rough-terrain forklift: Speaking of outdoor use, a rough-terrain forklift is the best forklift for your business if you do a lot of outdoor work. These machines are oversized and feature much larger tires to work in all sorts of terrain. Due to their sturdy construction, you can depend on these units regardless of what the weather’s like outside.
- Pedestrian pallet-operated truck: If your business deals with small loads, a pedestrian pallet-operated truck might be just for you. These machines are much smaller, so they can maneuver in tight spaces. However, they can’t handle heavy loads.
Buy your forklift batteries from Remis Power Systems Inc.
Regardless of the type of forklift you choose, it won’t be very useful without a high-quality battery. These are a few of the reasons to shop at Remis Power Systems Inc. the next time you need a forklift battery:
- Helpful staff members: Choosing a forklift battery can be just as tricky as buying a new forklift—but that’s not the case when you shop with us. Our experienced team members will help you pick out the right battery and answer any questions you may have.
- Vast inventory: We’re truly your one-stop shop for all of your battery needs. We have a huge inventory of industrial batteries made by the best manufacturers in the industry.
The choice is clear the next time you need a forklift battery—come to Remis Power Systems Inc. Contact us today to shop our selection or to learn more about choosing the right forklift battery for your needs.
Categorised in: Forklift Batteries
This post was written by Writer